Downtown Fargo Issues Call for Artists for Utility Box Art Program
The Business Improvement District (BID), Downtown Community Partnership (DCP) and The Arts Partnership (TAP) in cooperation with the City of Fargo are seeking visual artists to submit their artwork for placement on city-owned utility boxes.
Downtown Fargo’s Utility Box Art Program will give downtown Fargo community the opportunity to transform ordinary objects of urban infrastructure into something artistic and unique, enhancing our public spaces.
Selected Artists will be compensated a $250.00 licensing fee for rights to use their image on a utility box and in promotional materials. Artist’s name and title of artwork will appear on the utility box.
This program is intended to highlight, encourage and promote Fargo artists by giving them the opportunity to present their artwork publicly.
A public art sub-committee will review the applications and high-resolution images for consideration. Once the sub-committee approves the design, selected artists will each receive a licensing fee of $250.00 per image upon completion of an art release/waiver. Location, layout, and length of artwork installation will be determined by the City of Fargo.
The BID, DCP, TAP or City of Fargo has the right to decline all submissions and retract this call for entries for any reason at any time.
How to Submit:
Submit a high-resolution (300 dpi) jpg, pdf, or ai file of your artwork along with a form. Your artwork can be any medium: drawing, photography or graphic design. A graphic artist will work with selected artists to make adjustments to the art so it can fit on the 3D space!
All application materials must be received via email to email@example.com by 11:59 p.m. on 20 May 2018. For general questions, please contact Chris Schlepp at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dayna Del val at email@example.com.
Guidelines for Art Selection:
The sub-committee will select Art based upon the following considerations:
– The images submitted are high quality, engaging and positive.
– The design submitted does not promote or advertise a particular community group or business.
– Art submitted for consideration should be able to translate well to a utility box wrap, such that parts of the image may be repeated, doubled, flipped, or even removed to accommodate openings, keyholes, protrusions and other general design constraints.
Selections will be made by 11:59 p.m. on 27 May 2018.
Liability and Publicity Release:
The submitted works (collectively or individually referred to as the “Art”) will be evaluated by a sub-committee. Selected Art may receive editing suggestions from the sub-committee.
By submitting Art and submitting an application form, you agree that:
– You are the sole designer of the Art that is submitted for consideration and that the contents of the Arts are original and do not infringe upon any copyright or intellectual rights of others, and that you have the unencumbered right to make this submission.
– You grant the involved organizations the right to perpetually use the Art, including, but not limited to: reproduction, posting, displaying, creation of derivative works, or documenting the work in any media or in any form, now known or later invented, without limitation for promotional, documentary, celebratory or any other commercial or non-commercial purposes. You will retain copyright of the Art.
– Individual artists who submit art are over 18 years of age and residents of Fargo.
– You have read and agree with all of the terms and conditions of this call for art and hereby absolve the BID, DCP, TAP and the City of Fargo or its representatives from any claim or loss, either past, present or future, in association with the call for art. The terms of the call for art are binding on the artist, the artist’s successors, assigns, representatives or administrators.