Roll On, Art! call for artists
Great Northern Bicycle Co. (GNB), Great Rides and The Arts Partnership (TAP) are seeking visual artists to submit their proposals for “arting up” bikes for the Roll On, Art! program.
Roll On, Art! will give Fargo, Moorhead and West Fargo artists the opportunity to transform three Specialized bikes into usable pieces of art that will be auctioned off later this summer (information tbd on location, etc). All proceeds will be split evenly between Great Rides, TAP and the artist.
Selected Artists will be given one bike (retail value $550) from Great Northern Bicycles and a $100 stipend from The Arts Partnership to purchase supplies. Additionally, GNB will assist in mechanical support (such as a tear-down and rebuild of the bikes for selected artists). See more info and spec information here and here.
This program is intended to highlight, encourage and promote local artists by giving them the opportunity to present their artwork on these three bicycles
A sub-committee will review the applications for consideration. Once the sub-committee approves the design, selected artists will each receive a bicycle and the $100 stipend upon completion of an art release/waiver.
GNB, Great Rides and/or TAP has the right to decline all submissions and retract this call for entries for any reason at any time.
How to Submit:
Submit a drawing(s) of your idea to “art up” the bike. This does not need to be a completed design, but it should be clear enough that the judges can adequately understand your overall artistic intention. The more detail you can provide, the easier it will be to make a selection.
Fill out this form and scan or send it back.
All application materials must be received via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 p.m. on June 18, 2018. For general questions, please contact Dayna Del Val at email@example.com. (Please note Dayna will have limited access to email from May 13-29)
Guidelines for Art Selection:
The sub-committee will select Art based upon the following considerations:
- The design will not impede the bicycle’s ability to be operational
- The design submitted does not promote or advertise a particular community group or business
- Overall artistic quality
Liability and Publicity Release:
The submitted works (collectively or individually referred to as the “Art”) will be evaluated by a sub-committee. Selected Art may receive editing suggestions from the sub-committee.
By submitting Art and submitting an application form, you agree that:
- You are the sole designer of the Art that is submitted for consideration and that the contents of the Arts are original and do not infringe upon any copyright or intellectual rights of others, and that you have the unencumbered right to make this submission.
- You grant the involved organizations the right to perpetually use the Art, including, but not limited to: reproduction, posting, displaying, creation of derivative works, or documenting the work in any media or in any form, now known or later invented, without limitation for promotional, documentary, celebratory or any other commercial or non-commercial purposes. You will retain copyright of the Art.
- Individual artists who submit art are over 18 years of age and residents of Fargo, Moorhead or West Fargo.
- You have read and agree with all of the terms and conditions of this call for art and hereby absolve the GNB, Great Rides and TAP or its representatives from any claim or loss, either past, present or future, in association with the call for art. The terms of the call for art are binding on the artist, the artist’s successors, assigns, representatives or administrators.