Frostival Throughout Fargo-Moorhead
January 27 @ 8:00 am - 11:30 pm
Embrace the Cool of Winter at Frostival 2018, January 26th & 27th
People who live in Fargo, Moorhead and West Fargo will have the opportunity once again to truly enjoy winter during this year’s Frostival set for Jan. 26-27, 2018.
The outdoor event features two days of quirky activities that encourage people of all ages to get outside and play during the dead of winter. Different activities take place in the Moorhead, Fargo, and West Fargo communities.
The weekend begins with a kickoff event Jan. 26 at 409 Broadway in downtown Fargo with live music by Slamabama in a heated tent, interactive ice performance by Varying Degrees Percussion Trio, carriage rides, beer garden, s’more stations, the Cocoa Cook-Off, and an open house of downtown businesses. Friday night’s activities are free to attend and open to all ages. Saturday highlights include “North of Normal Games” such as cardboard sledding, snow golf, cross country skiing, snow kickball, snow volleyball, and an “Ice Bowl” disc golf competition. These games will be held in various locations. In addition to competitions, Frostival has created three locations to cater to three different audiences. Frozen Fortress, in Moorhead, has a variety of family focused events, including Snowga, snow sculptures, and a chili feed. Kids Winter Boot Camp in West Fargo location at the Rustad Rec Center is a child’s dream, including activities such as sleigh rides, inflatables, crafts, Dippin’ Dots station, and more! Base Camp, located in downtown Fargo, will host its very first Frosty Cup, a series of challenges for teams of two to compete for a prize. A beer garden will also be at Base Camp throughout the day and free live music again in the evening.
The idea for Frostival developed from a growing need to combat the notion that our town is a frigid tundra in the winter months. With winter being a long season, it is easy to get negative about the cold, even for residents. In fact, in a research study done in 2015, we found that the people who were the most negative about the winter were F/M area residents themselves! Frostival was created to target this. The event is a collaborative effort of the Fargo-Moorhead Convention and Visitors Bureau, Fargo Park District, Moorhead Parks and Recreation Department, West Fargo Parks, Downtown Community Partnership, Greater Fargo Moorhead Economic and Development Corporation and The Chamber.
Full Weekend Schedule:
Friday, Jan. 26:
▪ 6:00-10:00 p.m. Opening Kick-Off at Schumacher Goodyear
Saturday, Jan. 27:
▪ 8:00AM-4:00PM Kickball Tournament MB Johnson Park
▪ 8:00AM-4:00PM “Ice Bowl” Disc Golf Woodlawn Park
▪ 8:30AM-12:00PM Cardboard Sled Race Mickelson Hill
▪ 9:00AM-1:00PM Cross Country Ski Race Edgewood Golf Course
▪ 9:00AM-finish Golf Elmwood Park
▪ 10:00AM-6:00PM Volleyball Tournament Gastropub
▪ 10:00AM-2:00PM Kids Winter Boot Camp Rustad Recreation Center
▪ 10:00AM-4:30PM Frozen Fortress Hjemkomst Center
▪ 10:00AM-4:00PM Log the Sauna by Folkways Hjemkomst Center
▪ 10:30AM-12PM Snowga Stave Church Lawn
▪ 12:00PM-2:00PM Winter Bird Festival Forest River
▪ 1:00PM-2:15PM Dance Attack Stave Church Lawn
▪ 1:00PM-5:00PM Frosty Cup Schumacher Goodyear
▪ 2:00PM-4:00PM Winter Rocks Skating Event Downtown on Ice
▪ 6:30PM-9:00PM Frozen Fantasy Family Dance Avalon Event Center
▪ 7:30PM Frostival Finale Symphony Concert NDSU Festival Concert Hall
▪ 8:00PM-11:00PM Live music by Downtown Sound at Schumacher Goodyear Tent
Additional activities, city event map, and online registration can be found at www.frostival.com.