Be A Giving Heart: Say “I Support Local Art” This Giving Hearts Day
The Arts Partnership is excited to once again participate in Giving Hearts Day, the largest fundraiser for nonprofit organizations in the region!
Last year we launched wildly successful “umbrella” campaign to help community members visualize us as the umbrella arts organization in the Fargo-Moorhead Metro area.
We kept the umbrella this year, but added an “I” above “Support Local Art” so our constituents can be more active in why they support The Arts Partnership and why you should, too, on February 8.
Me? I support local art because the arts are what make us human. No matter our culture, background, language or race, we all have one thing in common: the capacity to express ourselves creatively. The arts help us learn about the past, conceptualize the present and create a sense of place for the future. Our community is fortunate to have so many talented artists and arts organizations that make our community a better, more attractive place to live.
But those artists need a champion to communicate about them, advocate for them, give them new opportunities, or help fund their projects.
That’s where we come in.
With over 140 local artists and arts organizations under our umbrella, The Arts Partnership has three core values:
- Support local art and the artists that make it
- Advocate the arts’ role in a vibrant economy
- Promote a creatively enriched community
When you give to The Arts Partnership on Giving Hearts Day, you are supporting ALL local art.
There are many ways you can get under The Arts Partnership’s umbrella and say “I Support Local Art” on Giving Hearts Day:
- Go to givingheartsday.org and type in “The Arts Partnership” to donate a minimum of $10 online
- Watch and share our amazing Giving Hearts Day video
- Use the hashtag #ISupportLocalArt and tag us to share why YOU support local art
- Join us 8am-5pm to donate in person at ABOVO Events Center (218 Broadway North) to donate in person among nine other nonprofit organizations
- Join us from 5-6:15pm at APT (225 4th Ave N) to celebrate Giving Hearts Day. Beer, wine and light hors d’oeuvres by Mosaic Catering will be provided. You’ll also get a cute “I Support Local Art” sticker and take photos in our cute selfie frame:
Thank you so much for your support!
Thank you to Otter Tail Corporation for being our generous matching sponsor. Thank you, also, to Office Sign Company for our fabulous umbrella frame and for our umbrella prizes, Jeff Knight for the marketing materials, videographer Erin LeMair, composer Quinn Del Val, artist Anna Johnson and our GHD planning committee: Jeff Knight, Erin LeMair, Jack Yakowicz, Shyla Thompson, Noah Ford-Dunker as well as chair Karin Rudd and the full board of directors of The Arts Partnership.