TAP partner artists and organizations receive notices of calls for artists at galleries, shows, businesses and other public spaces before the general public. Once they’ve been shared with our partners, we post here for everyone to see.
Call For Entry: Red River Watercolor Society 30th Annual National Juried Watermedia Exhibition
Get your entries ready for the RRWS 30th Annual National Juried Watermedia Exhibition, held at West Acres, Fargo, ND June 1-31, 2023. Open to all artists 18-years of age and older, working in two-dimensional water media on a single piece of watercolor paper, Yupo,or other synthetic paper. Juried by Ron Thurston. Over $6000 in cash and merchandise. A 30th Anniversary Award has been added for 2023. Entry Deadline: March 9, 2023 (notification of acceptance: April 3, 2023). Online applications are accepted through CaFE’.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Open to all artists 18-years of age and older, working in two-dimensional water media on a single piece of watercolor paper, Yupo,or other synthetic paper.
DEADLINE: March 9, 2023
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE: April 3, 2023
Most calls for artists are temporary and vary in genre, level of effort and stipend. One permanent opportunity, however, is for businesses and artists to connect through TAP’s ArtWORKS program.
What is ArtWORKS?
ArtWORKS connects art-enthusiastic businesses and other spaces with artists to create curated “galleries” within brick-and-mortar establishments.
ArtWORKS venues are not traditional gallery spaces, so depending on a company’s mission, vision, values and artistic aesthetics, we do our best to match them with the appropriate local artist.
Artists receive a stipend for each exhibition, but the stipend is only one benefit of participating. ArtWORKS artists also receive:
- Professional development. Working with an ArtWORKS curator to shape the exhibit helps you work out new ideas or refine a longer-term artistic approach.
- Promotion: A listing on TAP’s website as an ArtWORKS participating artist, with a link to your website and/or other social media outlets.
- Communications Tips. Some ideas about promoting your exhibit through social media.
- The potential for art sales. Sales are not a primary purpose (nor conclusion) of the exhibit, but a happy bonus. Artists receive 100% of the sales price.
Participating artists must be based in the Metro area or surrounding region. Remember, you’ll need to deliver and pick-up your art, so distance matters.
- Each exhibit is of 10-12 works (existing or new); the final exhibit pieces will be selected by TAP staff.
- All artwork for the exhibit is mounted and/or framed and installation-ready, with hanging wires affixed.
- All artwork submitted must be original, owned by and created by the participating artist.
- All work must be “business appropriate” in nature. TAP and ArtWORKS business participants reserve the right to exclude work containing offensive depictions, nudity, profanity, gore or negative depictions of social, ethnic or political groups or individuals.
- Artists must be able to commit their artwork to a three-month exhibition period.
- Artists are responsible for providing medium-resolution images of the artwork in the exhibit and an artist statement and bio, and for delivering the work to the ArtWORKS location for installation and collecting it after the exhibition period.
From Our Blog
When Bekki Majerus was nine, she loved tagging along with her dad whenever he went to the hardware store. “I remember all these shelves, and on the top shelf, there were several dollhouse models on display. Every time we’d go to that store, I’d stand and stare at this one in particular,” Majerus said. On […]
Hiahli. Contributed photo / Hiahli Follow Ugochukwu’s work Website: FranklinUgochukwuArts.carrd.co TikTok/Instagram: frank__freezy Facebook: Franklin Ugochukwu Arts Franklin Ugochukwu is drawn to grandiose expressions. The 27-year-old Moorhead-based Nigerian American searches for these expressions in the faces of people significant in his life. Then he paints those faces into bold, often bright, portraits that embody dramatic juxtaposition. […]
Hiahli. Contributed photo / Hiahli Five bands from Fargo-Moorhead and the Twin Cities will grace the stage at The Aquarium on Friday, Jan. 6, 2023, for Hiahli’s Good Party, a mini winter music festival produced and promoted by local music collective Hiahli. It’s an ambitious but totally doable post-pandemic project, considering Hiahli had all intentions […]