*** Reading & Signing w/ Dave Eggers and Special Advance Screening of the Documentary Short Film “To Be Destroyed” ***
Reading & Signing w/ Dave Eggers at 1:00 pm at Zandbroz
Documentary Short Film Screening at 7:30 pm at The Fargo Theatre
Amid intense book banning conversations in the North Dakota legislature – as well as nationwide during the annual Banned Books Week – Zandbroz is excited to announce a day with author Dave Eggers on Sunday, October 8th. The events will start with a reading and a signing at Zandbroz at 1:00 pm and continue that evening at 7:30 at the Fargo Theatre for a special advance screening of “To Be Destroyed”, a 30-minute documentary directed by Arthur Bradford. The evening will feature a community conversation on book banning and censorship with both Bradford and Eggers along with Fargo-Moorhead community members. The event will be free and open to the public.
FM Community Panelists:
– Timothy S. Dirks, MLIS, MPA – Director of Fargo Public Library
– Katie Christensen – Fargo Public School Board Member
– Representative Karla Rose Hanson, representing District 44
– Louie Lauer – Library Media Specialist for Clara Barton Hathorne Elementary School
– Cody Schuler – Advocacy Manager of ACLU of North Dakota
Contact our Communications team for story ideas, events and other arts-related happenings.
Tania Blanich is the Arts Partnership’s Director of Operations